The Miwok 100K could not take place without many wonderful volunteers who mark the course prior to race day, prepare food for and work at the aid stations and the start/finish, and help remove the ribbons and clean up afterwards. If you'd like to be indispensable, please e-mail Miwok100K@gmail.com or call Tia at (541)535-2553 and let her know when you're available. For your time, you receive a volunteer T-shirt, post-race BBQ and all the camaraderie you can handle. Volunteers will also be entered in a raffle to win some cool stuff from our sponsors.
If you're running the race, consider asking a friend or two to come along as volunteers. You'll all have fun, and you won't have to drive yourself all the way home after running 62 miles!
Eight hours of volunteer work at Miwok fulfills the Western States 100 service requirement.
Eight hours of volunteer work at the Miwok 100K also gets you an extra ticket in the following year's entry lottery.
- Thursday, 5/1 - Help pack aid station bins, and load the truck in Marin County.
- Friday, 5/2 - Mark a section of the course.
- Friday, 5/2 - Truck around Marin with a few new friends, stocking aid stations (approx. 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.)
- Saturday, 5/3 - Staff an aid station (times and locations vary - I'll put up a spreadsheet in January).)
- Saturday, 5/3 - We need two EMTs and two doctors at aid stations/finish line
- Saturday, 5/3 - Sweep course at night in to the finish, following the last runners (6pm-10pm). This is a great supported nighttime training run opportunity! Test out that new flashlight/headlamp ...
- Saturday, 5/3 - Post-race Beach Party at 10:00 p.m. ... help fill the dumpster, load the truck, and walk away with any leftovers
- Sunday, 5/4 - Clean up race supplies (includes plenty of coffee!)
- Sunday, 5/4 or Monday, 5/5 - Sweep a section of the course and remove ribbons.